Updates, suckas!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Bat, man!

Since I don't have a TV or a computer in my room, I find that I am left with a surplus of free time at night to go around town and take part in the various activities offered here in London. Last week I decided to go on "bat walk" at Holland Park, and despite the weather being miserable, I made the trip to the lecture that was supposed to precede the actual walk. I should have known the night would be a bit of wash when, about five minutes after getting off the bus I got hit with a massive case of the gutbug and had to spend about ten minutes in the public toilet, making me a little late for the lecture.

I'm a bit sorry to say that we had a lot of talking, but no walking. The weather was so bad that the bats wouldn't be out that night. On the upside, I got a lot of great bat information from the talk, and even got to look at a bat detector, something I was quite keen to see. Before signing up for the bat walk, I read about these devices, and couldn't wait to see one in action. I sort of had them built up as some Ghostbusters-esque contraptions, something along this lines:


Alas, the bat detectors were a bit more like this:

A bit of a letdown, yeah? Well I did manage to venture out on my own to enjoy some of the cold and rainy Holland Park, and actually saw lots of bunny rabbits hanging out, nibbling grass. Anyway, there are a few more batwalks coming up in the next weeks, and hopefully the weather will take a turn for the better before then. As it stands, we have had exactly two warm, sunny days this entire year. Yeah London!! Actually, maybe it is better that I missed the walk, given the danger excited children pose during these events.

On a closing note, on the walk back to the bus stop I saw a recall notice in the window of a grocery store I got to occasionally, and they were putting out a notice about some sub-par toilet paper. Golly, I hope I didn't use any of that recalled toilet tissue at the bathroom I was in.

2 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....a bat,man excursion huh? Seems to me that one of their listed dangers that should have been the seduction of the innocent as previously mentioned in one of your blogs....or do they not make reference to boners in this bat,man field trip? :)

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home