Updates, suckas!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Unbreakable

In the comments to my previous post about spraining my ankle on the walk back from Easter Mass, Michelle related to me her nightmarish purchase of Snapple, an ordeal which left her with a sprained ankle, a profusely bleeding hand, and a trip to surgery. Now, that is something I would be embarassed to fess up to, so I believe that I would have instead followed the South Park strategy of blaming it on a random bit of violent crime perpetrated by "some Puerto Rican guy". In case you have yet to see that episode, the Ramsey family, Gary Condit, and OJ Simpson all blame the death of someone close to them on a mysterious "Puerto Rican" guy, so I suspect I would have claimed to have nearly been mugged by a Puerto Rican wielding a broken bottle.

But even though Michelle's injury certainly falls into the realm of the tragi-comic, I think I may have just topped her for most pathetic injury. This morning I woke up with a stinging pain in my left shoulder, and I have no idea how I injured it. That's right, I managed to blow out my left shoulder just by sleeping. I think I'm fragile like a china doll.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I couldn’t let "some Puerto Rican guy" take the heat. Actually, I think I was duped by my subconscious mind! It must have taken control of my body to take drastic measures in telling me that I just couldn’t take sitting for an hour and fifteen minutes in my Finance class that night. A dreary topic made even worse by a dreary instructor!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, a shoulder blowout from sleeping…what kinda crap mattress are you sleeping on in that dorm of yours? Was sleeping really the only thing that going on? ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home