Updates, suckas!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

T-minus one day part deux

Since my time as Togo will dominate my experiences over the next few days, expect some running updates of my UN experience up through the weekend. In my earlier post today I outlined the paucity of Togo-related facts I have at the ready, a situation I have recently tried to remedy by actually doing some research. But here's the juice: there is almost no information on Togo available on the web. I tried the Library of Congress, the IMF, and various university research sites. Nothing. Hell, I even tried the Reuters news service to see what kind of world news Togo was involved in, and this was all I got back:

No results found for 'togo'

Togo, really and truly, seems to be the figment of someone's imagination, so it is in that same spirit that I will continue with my original plan to manufacture information about Togo as I deem convenient during the course of the weekend. Another fact I have made up is that people in Togo really enjoy to drink while on the job, so I plan on buying a hip flask or small bottle of alcohol to take with me to the Model UN. The first four sessions tomorrow are teaching units on "How to write a resolution" and "Rules of procedure." Zzzzzzz....Alcohol seems to be my only escape during this part of the day.

I have also decided to advertise my love for Togo by sacrificing one of my white undershirts by marking it with my tourism board slogan in laudry pen.

Further updates as warranted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home